Tuesday, May 14, 2024

IP address logging when the XMR sender is using a local node - possible?


full image - Repost: IP address logging when the XMR sender is using a local node - possible? (from Reddit.com, IP address logging when the XMR sender is using a local node - possible?)
I recently asked a question here (https://www.reddit.com/r/monerosupport/comments/1crua23/when\_sending\_xmr\_can\_my\_ip\_address\_be\_recorded/) but I think I got a little ahead of myself so I'll ask something more simple.I have the blockchain downloaded to my .bitmonero/lmdb directory. I am using the GUI client. I do not input any remote node details.The daemon log appears to show I am connected to various remote hosts. The icon by Network Status Connected shows I can "switch to another public remove node". I don't totally understand this as I assumed that by downloading the blockchain I didn't need to rely on remote nodes. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding how Monero works?Can my IP address be recorded by any system to which I transmit my spend?


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.