Wednesday, June 12, 2024

How Private is Mimblewimble?


full image - Repost: How Private is Mimblewimble? (from Reddit.com, How Private is Mimblewimble?)
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I could not find a satisfying answer after a few hours of research. I am trying to find out if there is any way to link addresses through MWEB transactions. For example, if I send some LTC to my friend using MWEB, is there ANY possible way for observers to determine that I in fact sent LTC to him? My understanding of Mimblewimble is that when doing these transactions, the sender and recipients' addresses are concealed, along with the amount of LTC sent. This made sense to me until I read that using Mimblewimble does not fully anonymize all parties involved and that it should not be used when extreme privacy is needed. I read that it is not as private as using Monero, which confused me, as how much more private can a transaction be without revealing sender/recipient addresses and transaction amount? I am asking all of this because as I learn more about crypto privacy I realized all the LTC I have purchased through KYC exchanges does not provide much anonymity. I have been reading for days on what the best course of action is to detach these coins from my identity, and I have not found a conclusive answer yet. Please share your thoughts and direct me to any helpful resources.Thanks to all who help in this matter!


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.