Friday, May 27, 2022

Opsec questions


full image - Repost: Opsec questions (from Reddit.com, Opsec questions)
Hey there. To preface this I'd like to say that I'm a complete newbie when it comes to monero or any other cryptocurrency. I'm honestly overwhelmed of all the information, but I'm still my best to gather some info regarding the opsec side of things, because I want to be private and secure. That being said however I'm not willing to go 100% tinfoil hat here, so just keep that in mind. I won't be investing more than a couple of bucks or so for the time being, but I'm considering on leaving some of my savings in monero after getting my feet a little bit wet.So it has come to my attention, that I need both a cold and a hot wallet, and I'm willing to have both if that is reasonable. But I'd like to instead of buying a cold wallet, use an old computer (that will never connect to the internet) equipped with X linux distro, if that's possible. So what would be the most secure setup (within reason) for both the wallets? Like I said I won't be investing but mere bucks at the start to see how it goes and then later on decide on what I'll do.When it comes to the hot wallet, I assume that is the one that has the blockchain on it and it also does all of the transactions. Wouldn't that also contain a security risk in itself, for example if a keylogger got your seed phrase? Am I wrong here?Also I have seen a lot of posts talking about keeping the transactions offline and then taking them online (assumably to the hot wallet?) to confirm them, what does this mean?Thanks.


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.